The Homes for the Holidays Program
Homes for the Holidays is a way for Warrick Dunn to extend his mother's dream to other single parents working towards first-time homeownership.
"There are a few words that come to mind when I think about my family being chosen for Homes for the Holidays- blessed, thankful, overwhelmed, fortunate, grateful and honored."
Homes for the Holidays Recipient
Homes for the Holidays was founded 1997 under the umbrella of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers community initiatives during Warrick's first year in the NFL. The program expanded in 1998 and Homes for the Holidays began to enhance home ownership in Warrick's hometown of Baton Rouge. When Warrick signed with the Falcons in 2002, Homes for the Holidays followed him to Atlanta. The program was expanded to serve Tallahassee, home to Warrick's alma mater Florida State, in 2007. In 2012 Homes for the Holidays kicked off its national expansion to include Baltimore, Md., Dallas, Tx., Jacksonville, Fla, and New Orleans, La.
The Homes for the Holidays program:
- Provides down-payment assistance for single-parent families who are becoming first- time homeowners;
- Fills their homes with everything a first-time homeowner needs, including: furniture, electronics, large and small appliances, linens, lawn and garden supplies, kitchen supplies, and even food;
- Sets up the first-time homeowner and their children for long-term financial stability and success through continued support services.
- We partner with first-time homebuyer programs;
- Once a year, nomination forms are sent to these programs so they may nominate single parents who have overcome adversity and who will be ready to move into their first house by our designated dates;
- These individuals do not know of their nomination;
- The nomination forms are given to Warrick Dunn to review and make his selections;
- The first-time homebuyer program whose nominee is selected is notified and we work together toward the presentation day and surprise reveal.
- We do not accept nominations from individuals;
- We do not accept nominations from organizations outside of our housing partners;
- We do not work with realtors to match recipients with property;
- We do not have any involvement at all with builders or lenders;
- We do not build houses;
- We do not "give" houses away;
- We do not provide our recipients with mortgages.
HFTH Corporate Partner